Professional Phone Answering: Does the Solution Fit Your Company?
Whether you’re a small business that requires additional support or an operation in need of 24×7 coverage; when considering the use of a phone answering service, it is good practice to take stock of your requirements to determine how best one would assist your potential clients.
Some Things to Consider:
- How often does your phone normally ring? Does it ring so often that you can’t actually get any work done? Perhaps you are a photographer shooting a wedding, a private practice physician or a Realtor showing a house and can’t always get to the phone immediately.
- What questions do people usually ask when they call you? Are there common questions that are frequently asked every time the phone rings? Do you find yourself providing the same information consistently when your time could be better spent on other things?
- Do you have set prices and product/service information? Does your inventory revolve, change, sell out regularly?
- What is your goal when the phone rings? Are you selling a product or a service? What do you want your customers to know about?
- How much business do you need to generate? What are your year-end goals?
- Where do you see your company in six months, a year, five years or more?
- How many appointments can you schedule in a day? How much money can your appointments translate into to attain your business goals?
- Are there promotional specials your customers need to know about? Do you plan to offer seasonal deals or holiday sales?
You may find that after answering all of these questions you don’t need a call center at all.
However, if you do find that a professional phone answering company would benefit your business, it will help to have a clear plan with a set list of goals. This will not only assist with solidifying your business plan, it will help you to provide your team of operators the detail required to represent your company. Putting the professional face that fits your organization is what will set you apart from the rest.